Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S-Parameters LCR-LC circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanM

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I was recently doing a lab experiment on s parameters. the lab described a two port network as follows. L-C-R in series followed by LC in parallel to ground. Part of the experiment was to simulate the s parameters in LTspice. Did that and it worked out fine. The next part was to verify the results by hand.

That is the bit i would like help with. I need to select a frequency and compute it by hand to find out what the output voltage at that frequency is. So i need to work out some sort of transfer function for this circuit that will allow me to put in a frequency and the lcr-LC values and get the output voltage.

Any body know what, or how i get the transfer function?
Regards,
Dean

If I understood well your description, you simply have a voltage divider with Z1 series and Z2 to ground.
Z1 is the series of L1, C1 and R1
Z2 is the parallel of L2 and C2
Vout = Vin*Z2/(Z1+Z2) if you are interested only to the modulus then |Vout|=|Vin|*|Z2|/|Z1+Z2|
Using the matematical model of the component in frequency:
Z1 = j*w*L1 + 1/(j*w*C1)+ R1 = (-w^2*L1*C1 + 1 +j*w*R1*C1)/(j*w*C1)
Z2 = {j*w*L2*[1/(j*w*C2)]}/{j*w*L2+[1/(j*w*C2)]} = j*w*L2/(-w^2*L2*C2+1)

w is 2*pi*f

I think now you should be ablet to find the transfer function you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back