Not open for further replies.

MuroSamuro

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey there,

I built a simulation in hfss, and want to view a graph of S11 vs freq.

The simulation contains two floquet ports (1 and 2).

I can't understnad the meaning of (S(FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort1:1)?

I would expect to see somthing like S(FloquetPort1:1) which means the wave returnd from port 1.
Why do I see 2 times Floquet Port1:1?
For instance, I can select S( FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort1:2)). I don't understand its meaning.

thanks a lot

Hi, I think (S(FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort1:1) means S11 parameter. That two 1 1 numbers are used for naming the S parameter. If you select S( FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort1:2)) that will be the S12 parameter. S11 and S12 are different parameters from each other.

You have two ports: FloquetPort1 and FloquetPort2 and each port has two modes
So FloquetPort1 - mode 1 ; FloquetPort1 - mode 2 ; FloquetPort2 - mode 1 ; FloquetPort1 - mode 2

" For wave returned from port 1 " - In general, you need to plot S(FloquetPort1,FloquetPort1). But since you have modes present, if you want to look at the reflection coefficient when FloquetPort1 is excited with mode 1, then plot S(FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort1:1)

The meaning for this parameter is S(FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort1:2) - You excited FloquetPort1 with mode 2 and measuring mode 1 at the same port

For Transmission S21 or S(FloquetPort2,FloquetPort1) - You need to plot S(FloquetPort2 : 1 ,FloquetPort1: 1) or S(FloquetPort2 : 2 ,FloquetPort1: 2) - Mode number should be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…