Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

s-parameter has problem in cst

Status
Not open for further replies.

myjae

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1.jpg

i used lineimpedance macro.
right of the picture S1,1 & S2,2 is 16.39 ohm.
but smith position is not 16.39ohm.

why did happen this result?

Because you confuse Characteristic Impedance with Input Impedance of a Transmission Line terminated with 50 Ohm.

Reactions: myjae

myjae

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Because you confuse Characteristic Impedance with Input Impedance of a Transmission Line terminated with 50 Ohm.

i'm not understand
so please let me know in detail

i'm not understand
so please let me know in detail
You calculated Characteristic Impedance of a Coaxial transmission Line.This impedance depends on physical parameters of coaxial line.( dielectric coefficient,inner and outer radius,conductor diameter etc.). But when you simulate this Transmission Line in a EM simulator you usually use 50 terminating impedance at the end of the Transmission Line and therefore Input Impedance of this transmission line seems different than characteristic impedance.If you calculate input impedance of a transmission line with a characteristic impedance different than 50 ohm, you will find approx. same value.Refer to EM text book.

Reactions: myjae

myjae

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back