Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Rx/Tx 433Mhz communication modules type of data transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepaboy

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to everyone, question:

Is it possible to send 10 bit data with Rx/Tx 433Mhz communication modules?
I'm measuring temperature on the Tx side with 10-bit ADC which is sent to the Rx side where it is displayed on LCD

<START INDICATOR> <MSB = 8 BYTE> <LSB = 2 BYTE> <END INDICATOR>

<*> <255> <3> <#>

wait for * //start indicator
read msb value
red lsb value
end #

value= (MSB<<2)|LSB

i see what you mean, so it's limited to 8bit data at each sending sequence and a 10-bit data need to decompose to 2x8 bit data, sent separately and to recompose back..i got it right? also is it valid for those modules only , is there something in the market(preferably cheap:)) that can send more than 8bit data?

usually devices comes with 8 bit transmission, actually what device you used in reception side ?

i see what you mean, so it's limited to 8bit data at each sending sequence and a 10-bit data need to decompose to 2x8 bit data, sent separately and to recompose back..i got it right? also is it valid for those modules only , is there something in the market(preferably cheap:)) that can send more than 8bit data?
Dear,
try searching for NEC32 protocol..though this protocol is mainly used in Infrared applications but if you can encode /decode your data as per this protocol then it will be better as this protocol itself has error detection/synchronization logic.. and is suitable for short packet/short data transmission from remote sensors..
total usable bits are 16 as rest 16 bits out of 32 bits are just the inverted bits of the first 16 bits..so given your case... you can use 10 bits for actual ADC data..and rest you can use for sensor/device identification..a maximum of 64 nodes can be addressed with these available 6 bits..
hope this may help you in selecting the right solution for your problem..

Those modules will accept any number of bits, they are not 'intelligent' like some modules, they simply shift amplitude depending on whether you put a 0 or a 1 on the input pin.
You might have to encode the data to get a reliable link.

Brian.

I'm using those modules:
Reciever :
**broken link removed**
Transmitter:
http://dlnmh9ip6v2uc.cloudfront.net...2MHz_ASK_RF_Transmitter_Module_Data_Sheet.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, error detection protocol could come in handy especially since i'm using a 5 dollar modules! but my real issue is if my modules are capable of sending more than 8 bit at one time? char vs float vs double and such

Dear,
These modules are usually used in OOK mode..that is "ON-OFF KEYING"..there is no intelligence built in..you need to define bit timings and protocols.. to get best out of them Manchester encoding is recommended..but still NEC32 protocol may be suitable for short data transactions..

Solve it ! use a protocol found extremeelectronics, but modify it to send 2 byte at a time with some feedback error control i wrote..

Status
Not open for further replies.