Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Running two versions of MENTOR PADS at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mentor pads vista compatibility

Is it possible to run PADS 2007.2 and 2007.4 at the same time on a single computer? I'm having difficulties converting the old projects to new one. So i want to keep both version and will try to find a solution in time.

running two version of pads

better u try to install in different drives of same computer .

mentor pads on virtual pc

I never tried but it is possible.
If you have run both installation on the same SDD_HOME Directory the configurator file keeps tracks of all the versions. You have to launch it (it shuold be in SDD_ROOT\win32\configurator.exe) and then select the version you want to run.
If you have two SDD_HOME, before you launch one version you have to run the configurator.exe from the other version in unistall mode (from command line: configurator.exe -unistall) and then the configurator from the actual version normally.

mentor pads 2007.2 vista

funnynypd said:
why you need two version. We always try to keep one because it is not so compatible between versions.

Because I'm using vista and could not install 2007.2 at first even with compatibility mode and 2007.4 had problems in translating old projects that i could not solve. Then i could be able to set up 2007.2 somehow. But it has no vista support and i wanted to keep trying to find a solution for 2007.4 while i'm doing my job in 2007.2.

Try installing microsoft virtual pc and install the required OS and the mentor pads version it supports. Switch windows and share the folder.

Hope this helps

Nishal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back