Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Running older programs in XP home

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrybear

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
running older programs on xp

I have been having a problem running some older programs in XP home. After trawling the internet and trying verious fixes heres somthing that might help. If you go to Start menu, Accesories, compatability wizard and run it you can get older programs to run under windows XP home.

The problems seem to stem from the XP home addition not allowing you to change the attributes of a folders/files :- IE (make them wrightable) this compatability wizard seems to correct that. Worked twice for me.

Barybear

The compatibility wizard is really hit or miss though.
I can probably only run 50% of my old pre-XP software
on XP. The only reasonable solution I could come up
with was a dual boot XP/98 system.

Nick C.

That is a solution XP 98 duel boot.
he problem I had was that thr program neede to write back to the folder it came from, must be in the source code to do that and xp home defaults to read only, file and folder atributes. I tryed everything to cure it but it was only that wizard that provided a solution. It probably will not work on every program but hay its worth a try.

Barrybear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back