Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Running Message Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousabout

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings everyone:)

I am currently designing a requirement which requires a running message display through a dot matrix board display.
We will be using a 2meter length x 200mm height board display. This is single line message only.

1. Anyone here can lead me to how could I interface my signals? I will be giving at least 15 message inputs from my relays.
2. My signals came from about 300 meters far, will I encounter possible problems on wiring and board display? The brightness? The losses in the line? What else should I consider in this kind of display? 300 meters is a bit far. I will just bring my relay output signal into one room near the maintenance for monitoring purposes. My display messages are all alarm messages from pump motors, fans at compressor / heat treatment area. I will be using a 2.0mm2 wire, royal cord.

This is my first time designing this condition. I probably not mistaken of using this site for the solicitations of advice / concepts. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

sheryl
Philippines

Welcome to the EDA Board family. There are different section of the forum for posting a question based on the problem. This is not the right place to post this problem. I think you should have put it in hardware section.

Mr. yadavvlsi:

Got it. Now posting there. Thank you very much.

sheryl
Philippines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back