Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Run different functions in different workers with MAtlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

roldao

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to run two matlab function same time

Hello Everyone.

I´m computing a FDTD simulator to study the radio channel characteristics using power delay profile. I use a scenario 2550px x 2550px and I need more than 2 hours to have some kind of results. I´m reading about parallel computing with parallel computing toolbox and I tried some stuff...without good results...

Tried to use spmd with drange-for inside some functions, because I have a function that is the more important in the all simulator, that have a for inside other for (3 times separately) and I did some thing like this:

function .....

(same procedure for the 3 cases)
%case 1
spmd
drange-for
drange-for
%function body with array operations
end
end
end

with this solution my simulation became slower. I think that is because spmd replicated this exactly same code for the 4 workers that I create with the matlabpool.

Then I tried to use codistributor arrays with the same solution said before...nothing...

I think that I need a solution please... to use just one computer with multi-core.
What I exactly need is a solution that permit different function be computed at same time with no replicated code and that workin parallel for example like.

%main file

function1 -> worker 1
function2 -> worker 2
function3 -> worker 3

running at same time.

Or for example the first situation described with the for stuff but like:

%worker 1
for
for
end
end

%worker 2
for
for
end
end

%worker 3
for
for
end
end

Which will working in parallel and the simulator, I suppose that become quicker....

I appreciate help.

Thank you very much

Joao Roldao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back