Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rtl8019as, mac address,ip address,tcp/ip,udp,icmp,http

Status
Not open for further replies.

issrani_manoj

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

i have design small embedded Webserver using PIC18F8722 and RTL8019as.

I have write own stack and define MAC address:-0x00,0x16,0x76,0x07,0x86,0x82

It serving different HTML webpages when i enter https://192.168.1.12 address it serves pages.

I have defined ICMP,IP,UDP,TCP.

It is very nicely working on LAN.

Now problem is that i wont to serve these webpages on the internet.

If i am using static ip only it will not work .....!

Is there any other protocol which need to implement?

How to i put my webserver on the internet.............?

Kindly help me.
Thank you all in advance.
--Manoj.

rtl8019as, mac address,ip address,tcp/ip,udp,icmp,h**p

The address range 192.168.x.x is private, it's not allowed on the public internet. You are probably connected to a LAN behind a router that uses NAT (network address translation). Ask your network administrator how to properly configure the router and your server. Or maybe you can disconnect the router and connect your server directly to the internet, and then change your server's IP address to the static IP address provided by your internet service provider.

You probably also need ARP (address resolution protocol). See RFC 826. This is the common way for one device to learn the MAC address of another device on a LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.