Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RTL compiler insert certain combinational delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

makanaky

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is there a command in RC to insert certain delay between 2 signals ?

Not that I know of. You can manually insert buffer cells. But obviously you will get a variable delay.

You cannot accomplish that with a synthesis tool. You either achieve it in simulation by using #delays or in the real chip using buffers or invertor pairs

So far I dont know the command , If you get to know then dont forget to publish here.

May be you can play with set_min_delay/set_max_delay on the source signal .. tool may add some buffer to achieve the constraint on that net/pin.

There is a command set_data_check, which add a constraint between two pins. The constraint could be different for setup and hold, like this:
Code:
set_data_check -from U6/DAT -to U6/EN -setup 1.0
set_data_check -from U6/DAT -to U6/EN -hold  1.0

- - - Updated - - -

You could constraint to have a specific delay between your two destinations pins if the source pins comes from a flop, the tool should add delay to respect the constraint at the destination pins.

thanks all for trying to help , I found command called "path_delay -from x -to y " , it modifies the SDC

but this is not reflected in SDF , is there any method to view this on simulation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back