Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RTL Compiler code clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvindh19

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ppl,

When I wrote a tcl script to source into rc compiler, I included the following

Code:
write_design -encounter

which created a series of files to be used with encounter.

One of them is a .g file. When I compared the difference in the file content between .g file and the file obtained by using the write_script command, I found that few extra lines were present in the .g file. What exactly is this .g file? and where is it used?

and... what is the use of the setup.tcl file generated by the same command? I know it reloads the RTL session but how?

Regards
Arvindh.S

Just a suggestion - you should look into the documentation as well for detailed understanding. Its all there.

ideally both the " .g " should be same - you should check which these differences are and why.
RC has its own set of constraits as well - which are exported by the write_script command, not only constraints but ideally it captures the entire design environment and re-populates it when you source the setup.tcl back :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back