Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rtc ds 1307 and 8051 micro based led display clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

raman00084

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i want to start a small clock bisnuss, so i need code and circuit for led display clock (using 8051 & ds1307 rtc ) or (pic & ds 1307 rtc ) can any one help me if possible please provide me the hex file and circuit . i will be thank ful to you

hi i want to start a small clock bisnuss, so i need code and circuit for led display clock (using 8051 & ds1307 rtc ) or (pic & ds 1307 rtc ) can any one help me if possible please provide me the hex file and circuit . i will be thank ful to you
happy to know you are starting bisnuss could you tell me the final rate of that clock ?if you want to build clock no need to use microcontroller and codes special built clock chip modules are available in the market and free circuits are available in the web ,this will certainly reduce your cost but if you are using micro+ds1307 will cost more .
if you have any doubt post here.
special clock chips are available at
APlus India

Last edited:

The ready made clock chips available, usually use mains frequency as refernce and thus the accuracy highly depends on the same. But you can get dead accuracy with RTC interfaced with a microcontroller. But In the DS1307 as it uses external cylinderical crystal, the accuracy may not be guaranteed. But using a DS12887 module accurate time can be obtained.
I rememeber i had constructed a Digital clock with just one PIC16F628, Four displays, One crystal and 2-3 capacitors. It was very very accurate when i used 4.000Mhz xtal as per recomendation of the author. You may have a look at site for more details.
http://www.josepino.com/microcontroller/led_clock
OR
http://www.josepino.com/microcontroller/anp-1224hr-led-clock1

Hi,
Since these chips are mains frequency based, they will stray A LOT especially since mains frequency isn't dead accurate. However using RTC + micro would make it very accurate and not all that much expensive.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Thanks for the reply the cost will be around 1000 rs. can you provide me the circuit for BT 8560 are any other . I need a circuit that uses cmos battery (3V) for internal back up so the time does not change during power failure. plesase kindly help.

---------- Post added at 05:19 ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 ----------

thanks for the reply. what happens during power failure the time will get changed? can you provide the circuit

---------- Post added at 05:20 ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 ----------

i want working model circuit can any one help me

---------- Post added at 05:22 ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 ----------

thanks for the reply. what happens during power failure the time will get changed? can you provide the circuit

---------- Post added at 06:22 ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 ----------

pls provide the circuit

Thanks for the reply the cost will be around 1000 rs. can you provide me the circuit for BT 8560 are any other . I need a circuit that uses cmos battery (3V) for internal back up so the time does not change during power failure. plesase kindly help
[/COLOR]thanks for the reply. what happens during power failure the time will get changed? can you provide the circuit

pls provide the circuit
Now first of all as you are intending to do bussiness with it, you should be ready to pay a price for the complete technology of the product or you must be ready to buy the pre programmed chips from the author. Mention your preference. Due to this thread going towards busisness, i have moved the thread to respective section.
Cheers

download data sheet from the site aplus india it will give you clear cut idea
that chip cost rs 20 very cheap isn't it ?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back