Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS485 to read the communications between computer and a usb device

Status
Not open for further replies.

macer_0001

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to know if rs485 can get the communications between computer and a usb device?
If it is possible how? If not, could you give me another solution. Thank you in advance.

I would like to know if rs485 can get the communications between computer and a usb device?
If it is possible how? If not, could you give me another solution. Thank you in advance.

The "older" differential communication standards (RS422, RS485) are different from the USB, so trying to use them to read the USB traffic is a waste of time.
Try "USB Protocol Analyzer and USB Traffic Sniffer":
https://www.usblyzer.com/

:wink:
IanP

Thank you for that information. Now I can read the data communicating with the usb and computer.

IanP,
Now, how can I use the make an emulator using the data gathered?
I what to re open an application requesting a software key.
Is there's a way to re open an application requiring software key without using a key?

You want to make an range extender of USB over rs-485? It's possible, but very difficult to implement. You need to develop
a transparent bridge that will convert tricky USB protocol to simple serial data flow and vice versa.
Look for these devices https://www.vpi.us/usbc5.html they operate on the principle described above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back