Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS485 interface with pic microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Imran Ali

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to interface RS485 with pic18f452 . But when i send data the same data is available on the receiving pin of microcontroller and a logical contention is also there? why?

I think you should post your schematic that you done to receive anybody's help!

But when i send data the same data is available on the receiving pin of microcontroller and a logical contention is also there? why?
What do you mean with logical contention?

I presume you are using a RS485 transceiver, it has TE (transmit enable) and /RE (not receive enable) pins that must be controlled by the µC. A popular method is to connect both pins to transmit enable, so when TE is asserted while sending, the receiver is also disabled at the same time. A pullup resistor is additionally needed at the transceiver RX output to keep the inactive high state.

In some applications, it's however wanted to receive while transmitting to check for possible collisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.