Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] RS232 Vs UART differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom2

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the differences between Uart and RS 232 (For programming PIC microcontroler ). i know that RS-232 is a type of UART but i don't know when programming PIC there is anything different.

What is the differences between Uart and RS 232 (For programming PIC microcontroler ). i know that RS-232 is a type of UART but i don't know when programming PIC there is anything different.
RS232 is a completely different thing to a UART. They are often seen together, but often apart.

One is an electrical interface specification, the other is a hardware device.

Some PIC controllers have UARTs, but as far as I know, there is no PIC in the world that has an RS232 interface.

Why not do a bit of research for yourself and google each term to find out what they are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back