Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS232 tranciever operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayerza

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
In the figure below is it correct if I connect RINx to the RS232 port and recieve the TTL data on ROUTx. Conversely TTL data in on DINx and RS232 on DOUTx?

Thanks in advance
Slayer

what is your purpose when you do that ??
I also use RS-232 interface to connect my PC to Microcontroller in order to control something ,such as turn on /off relay control ledmatrix , i usually use IC max232 to convert the 12 volt DC of PC to 5V DC for MCU it runs so good .
In the future , I have some projects which will use RS -485 interface .why don't we discuss this interface

I also need to interface existing LEGACY RS232 equipment to a Bluetooth module. The reason I'm not using the MAX232 is that this design is purely 3.3V and as the MAX232 is 5V it won't do.

RS485 is quite good and simple to use especially over lond distances.

Cheers
Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.