Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] RS232 to RS422 converter circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madiger

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know there are commercial converters out there, but i want to build my own. I have an ARINC429 to RS232 converter transmitting data one way (not receiving any data), but my processor doesnt have a 232 serial port, it only has a 422. I need to convert the data transmitted from the 232 into a 422 format so my processor will understand it. I have attached a circuit my colleague designed for this purpose, but it has not been tested yet, and it may be several weeks before testing is done. Therefore, if you have an alternative solution or feedback on this circuit, please let me know! Thanks!

I think this can work. You can also connect RX422_TX- to pin 2 of the LT1014 instead of the 2.5Vref.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back