Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rs232 opto isolator needed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manish12

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
opto isolator radio shack

it should be small and will be work at any baud rate.

rs232 opto isolator

manish12 said:
it should be small and will be work at any baud rate.

Any opto isolator will work as long as you know the pin assignment. The question is rather if it will fit whatever you plan to measure. There are OI of different sizes and shapes.

rs232 opto

you , not get , what i need ?

opto for rs232

Hi,
Try using HP 6N137.
Regards,

rs232 opto isolator circuit

i need complete circuit diagram , if possible pcb too !

opto isolator from radio shack

https://www.uchobby.com/index.php/2007/06/11/ttl-to-rs232-adaptor-explained/

"TTL to RS232 adaptor Explained
How to build a simple TTL to RS232 adaptor for your microcontroller projects. You should be able to scrounge all the parts you need or buy them at your local Radio Shack. In this article I explain how the adaptor works and provide many links to more information you need to know as a microcontroller hobbyist. This article should be very helpful to those that receive the free Arduino compatible kit offered by uC hobby as part of the Arduino Microcontroller kit giveaway.

Just about every microcontroller available today includes at lest one UART or serial port. Serial ports are the most common way to communicate with a uC or other devices such as GPS receivers. The most common interface type is RS232, only a simple conversion from the logic level signals of the uC serial RX and TX pins is required to work with RS232.
"

optocuplor max232 pcb

i need the rs232 isolator not a adapter which is alternative to the max232.

thank you , i dont need any more, i get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.