Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] rs232 communication with 8051 , sim300 and gps reciver

Status
Not open for further replies.

debabrta kar

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i want to interface both gsm modem SIM300 and gps reciever with 8051 and i am using only 1 max232 ic . i have connected 11 and 12 number pin to microcontroller tx and rx pin respectively and i want to know how to connect with gps receiciver . please help me with approprriate circuit diagram... thanx in advance

Hi there,

This link might be helpful for you.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

regards,

yes , i had checked on your link...but actually i said that i want to know how to connect both gsm and gps with microcontroller not seoparately....so please gide me....

Hi,

I am sorry and helpless.. How many RS232 port avaiable on your processor? If it two or more you can connect it easily. Only one is there then you can use either GSM or GPS.

i am using AT89S52 microcontroller which ix having 1 serial port......

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
if u want to send message (lat and long information) using sim 300 then connect GSM to TX pin and GPS to RX pin of microcontroller. recieve GPS data then transmit the required data using GSM.

i want to sent signal from modem sim300 to mcu...so both tx and rx pin will be dedicated for gsm modem.....so how to interface gps.......plz give sum ides.....

We are a manufacturer of modem, and distributor of Wavecom module for 10 years.We hope you can tell me more about your problem and solve it together.

We have the capacity of desinging and making modem, so we also has the ability to do it

Best wishes
mail:musicforevanlee@gmail.com
modem list.jpgSIMCOM_MODULE.jpg

Hi venkadeshm

Multiplexing ...?? how do you do Multiplexing in UART??

Best regards,

We are a manufacturer of modem, and distributor of Wavecom module for 10 years.We hope you can tell me more about your problem and solve it together.

We have the capacity of desinging and making modem, so we also has the ability to do it

Best wishes
mail:musicforevanlee@gmail.com

Hi venkadeshm

Thanks a lot. I forgot that idea and you reminded me again.

Best regards,

Attachments

• DI06Fig01.gif
    DI06Fig01.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 134

yes i got the result by using 1/9600=104microsecond of delay we can recive the data frame of rs232 with any pin of any port except p3.0 and p3.1 ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back