Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS-422 D-Sub 9 pin Male Pinout

jimmykk

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I am trying to figure out what could be the possible pinouts for the rest of the pins on a D-Sub 9 Pin Male Connector.
I have only 5 pins necessary for RS-422 Communication as shown here:
1685100131475.png

But can't figure out the rest of the 4 pins(1,4,6 and 9) should go namely: CTS+, CTS-, RTS+ and RTS-.
I understand that i am free to choose pinout for these remaining pins as there is no standard set-up for them.
But would be nice to know if this type of pinout is kind of ''popular'' and i can just then follow
that pinout.
Thanks!

Without knowing what this connector is part of, it’s impossible to answer your question.

But there’s no reason to believe there’s CTS+/- etc. What makes you think there is?

There’s no standard for RS-422 on a DB-9 (that I’m aware of).

Are you serious??

You arbitrarily connected some wires to arbitrary pins on an arbitrarily selected connector, based on some diagram you found somewhere that has nothing to do with the device, and now you’re asking where to connect the rest of the wires?

What are you trying to achieve? If connecting to a specific device with RS-422 interface, does it use RTS/CTS handshake lines at all? Probably not.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back