Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] RPM sensors - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JOkur

I have some fans that I want to monitor the RPM on... THe sensor I believe is called a HALL effect sensor. Where can I find them and some APP notes to use them...

THanks

Rich

check:
h**p://w*w.control.utoronto.ca/people/profs/francis/Ahmed_Ticku/WebPage/rrtc_hardware.htm

and download a pic program from this...
h**p://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~starbug/files/revcount.zip

best,
//a

...or make a web search: "tachometer PIC project"

Thanks for the links but.... I'm not looking for a PIC style sensor.

If you take apart a DC fan that has an rpm sensor, I am looking for something like that. Where I can take any old fan, hook up this circuit and be anle to monitor the fans rpm, from my mother board utilities.

If I recall correctly the sensor is called a HALL effect sensor. I found some of these but nothing that has an APP note I can look at.

Thanks

Rich

If I recall correctly the sensor is called a HALL effect sensor. I found some of these but nothing that has an APP note I can look at.

Take a look at w*w.allegromicro.com and you will find all the information you need about monolithic hall effect sensors.

Best regards,
Alexg

Working with just one hall sensor for small rpm is not very acurate if you want to update your display often.You have just one (1) impulse per revolution and for acurate controll it is not inough.Or you must have multipole magnet which is not easy to achieve.Better solution is optical.
Greetings
Dragan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragan on 2001-10-21 11:32 ]</font>

Or you must have multipole magnet which is not easy to achieve.Better solution is optical.

If it is one of optical is easier but if it is for production a multipole magnet is very cheap and hall sensors are much more reliable in the long term than optical sensors.

Best regards,
Alexg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back