Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RPM counter using 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunil Hiremath

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm trying to do RPM counter project using 8051. Everything is works fine with 555-Timer output and DAC pulses but when I give the motor rotation pulses from sensor, the RPM count value is oscillating in different values. Details are as below
1. I'm using counter for counting pulses and Timer for one second delay.
2. every one second delay I'm displaying count value and assigning it back to zero.
3. I'm multiplying it by 60 for RPM and displaying the result value in 7-segment display.

Need help Friends...

hi sunil what is the variation of readings,what type of sensors you use
I hope i can help you

Hi Zeyad,
If the correct RPM is 920, it shows three different values like 900, 960, 1020 repeatedly and I'm using proximity sensor. I'm counting pulses for one second and multiplying it. So the values will be multiples of 60. Is there any method to get more accurate results..

Status
Not open for further replies.