Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

routing benchmark formats like LEF/DEF

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimon

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
benchmark formats

hello I am very confused and have question about routing benchmark formats like LEF/DEF format, labyrinth format etc.

what is the difference between these above mentioned formats and Interchange Format. Why Interchange format like BLIF( Berkley logic interchange format) has the word "interchange"....does that mean one format can be changed to other.

A book definition of interchange format states that "interchange format" is file or set of files that contain data in a given syntax that is understood by interacting tools .

what it means by interacting tools....I thought it should be "..........given syntax that is understood by routing/placement tools"

And is that true that particular routing tools understand some particular format.

Thank you thank you

benchmark formats

LEF/DEF:

As LEF/DEF is a widely used format, it should be relatively easy for these benchmarks to be converted for use by other tools. The most versatile format is LEF/DEF

Labyrinth Format:

A shortcoming of this format is that it ignores layer assignments–this makes accurate measurements of the number of vias required difficult.

I have no idea about interchange format unless the question is regarding are the first two interchangeable. Here are the parameters of the search I used:

google "LEF/DEF" "labyrinth"

Information from this pdf file helped:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=U&sta...05.pdf&usg=AFQjCNG5ukyJvoejL-80sSm1ckSgqK8dsQ

Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back