Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Routing a memory using Altium Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxascent

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have two memory components that I am routing using a balanced T for the addr and control signals. Is there an easy way in AD to match the lengths. The problem I have is when the signal splits to each memory component I have no way of knowing the length.

Cheers

Jon

There is no automatic tool in AD that will do what you are asking. However, you can manually check the lengths. You would select the segments in which you are interested, and then hit RS (Reports>>Measure Selected Objects).

The only way you could get AD to automatically match a specified length, would be to temporarily disconnect the other branches of the circuit. If it only has one path to look at, AD can do it. When you put a split into the path, AD can't handle it.

maxascent

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello
I understand your idea. I think that you could try put array resistors to each of memory IC (connected to common point of bus) during initial routing. The next step is to determine rule for length for nets from resistors and IC). After initial routing you may remove resistors.
Below I have added picture which describes my idea.

Best regards

Thanks for the info. I had a play around with AD found something called From-To which you can set for a net. Then if you have a split net as in my case it will give you the lengths of the two paths which makes it easier to match the two path lengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back