Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rookie with a question - 24C256

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdvancedTech

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
24c256n su27

Hello Everyone,
This is my first post and I don't even know if I'm posting in the right section.
Anyway, here is my issue.
I can not cross reference of find part number for small diode (or what it looks like a small diode) that is shorted on my motor controller board.
Its a small glass tube with black stripe and NO part numbers on it.
Component is mounted between pin 1 and 3 of 24C256N SU27.
All I found out that this is a 256KBit EEPROM.
Board is part of motor control board inside of a machine motor.
I had another motor of the same kind and still could not find any part numbers on the component.

Which cross referenced (or original) component can I install in its place?

I'm not sure where to look for the answer.
Any input appreciated :D

24c256

A picture is equal to thousand words. Post a picture of the component some body may help you

Nandhu

If it's a glass tube, it's not an EEPROM. From your description it's most likely a diode - as Nandhu suggested, post a picture.

Pin 1 of 24C256 is address input A0 and pin 3 is A2. I don't see any purpose of diode connected between these two pins!. As others said, post the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.