Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Role of the LED in the circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdfgeneric

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I'm studing electronics engineering and I'm doing a project for a subject where we have to propose a circuit to locate the maximum radiation direction of the sun (to guide a solar panel). The problem is that sistem we want to use have something strange for us, a LED that seems to have no purpose. We supose that being in the same substract will affect the way electrons and holes are going to move and maybe is for that is put there. But don't know what is the exact role of that diode.

Datasheet: **broken link removed**

The wavelength is in the infrared.

Any idea?

Thanks anyway.

The sun radiates all the spectrum of radiation. So this diode used to find out the maximum radiation. So when that is happened you have found the optimal position.

Hello, I'm studing electronics engineering and I'm doing a project for a subject where we have to propose a circuit to locate the maximum radiation direction of the sun (to guide a solar panel). The problem is that sistem we want to use have something strange for us, a LED that seems to have no purpose. We supose that being in the same substract will affect the way electrons and holes are going to move and maybe is for that is put there. But don't know what is the exact role of that diode.

Datasheet: **broken link removed**

The wavelength is in the infrared.

Any idea?

Thanks anyway.

I cant opent your link with datasheet, that pdf on my pc dont have nothing inside. Do you have exact part number or better datasheet link?

Its probably photodiode, its used as light seeking eyes.

The datasheet describes the part as a reflective sensor:
The SG-302 reflective sensor for paper sensing combine high-output GaAs IRED with high sensitivity photodiode. It is most applicable to tilt sensor.
Sounds reasonable and explains the purpose of the LED, although the datasheet is somehow incomplete, missing the optical characteristic details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back