Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RLC circuit to be tuned to a frequency of 90.9 MHz, find the R,L,C values for this sp

Status
Not open for further replies.

husny540

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RLC circuit to be tuned to the frequency of 90.9 MHz. calculate R,L,C values for this specification by mentions the assumptions made.(it is given that you cannot avoid having a resistance of 12 ohm and inductance of 1.29 micro henri). also find the total impedance and the quality factor of the circuit.please help

Last edited:

Sounds like a homework problem.

And they have made it extremely easy for you, by giving you the R and L values.

Find the equation for the resonant frequency and solve for C. Then calculate C.

The find the equation for the Q and calculate it.

It would be good if you could derive those equations from scratch.

I found the capacitance using the resonant frequency fs=1/2π√LC bu substituiting the vlues of the frequency 90.9Mhz and the inductance given as 1.29 micro henri. i got the capacitive value as 2.37*10 to the power -15.so is this correct? i was confused because the question itself says to calculate the R, L, C values and already the R and L values are given!!! Quality factor equation is= 1/2πfsCR right ? And also the question asks for assumptions, if so what can i write as assuptions.please reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back