Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] RJ45 connector panel grounding problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

emontllo

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I need a shielded dual RJ45 8 pin connector with good (low impedance) contact between the shielding and the metallic conductive panel (EMI issues).

However the panel is mounted in a way, the typical connectors we are using do not make appropriate electric contact:
pr2619014a.jpg

I need connectors that have a front tab like this:
pr2619010c.jpg (Picture from TE)

However I have not found the dual version, and it is very uncommon.

Does anyone know manufacturers of connectors like this, some references or any other solution? EMI gaskets are not a preferred option...

Thank you!

Ernest

If you work in a company, you could let your sourcing department to ask connector vendor support it ;

This is a similar situation to rear panel connectors on a computer motherboard. Is it possible to fit the shield spring tabs on the back panel rather than use ones on the connector itself?
I'm thinking of the rear panel shields that are packed with new computer motherboards, they have a fixed overall outline to fit into the case but individual holes with tabs to fit the connector arrangement on the board.

Brian.

Hello Brian,

I think that the option you are talking about is the one that will work best. Having the springs on the panel will facilitate mounting procedures. In addition this kind of connectors is rare and standard packages are preferred in our design.

Thank you,

Ernest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back