Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RISC Processor design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Farouk

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all
I search for a good resource to design a RISC processor as an application to complete my study for VHDL. I need a source to help my how to implement the RISC topics as pip line, ..etc ito real H/W

thanks

Al Farouk said:
Dear all
I search for a good resource to design a RISC processor as an application to complete my study for VHDL. I need a source to help my how to implement the RISC topics as pip line, ..etc ito real H/W

thanks

www.opencores.org

Look at:
h**p://users.easystreet.com/mbutts/xr16vx_jhdl.html
h**p://www.fokus.gmd.de/linux/HOWTO/CPU-Design-HOWTO-4.html
h**p://www.opencores.org/projects/
h**p://www.fpgacpu.org/
h**p://tech-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/vhdl/

Leon sparc dos not explain the idea "how to implement the instructiom set into real working processor"

personally, I think the openrisc documentation and scripts (if there is any) are less user friendly compared to leon2, especially for entry level user.

ntxp

Hi, all
Can someone can provide a entire design ,that means .v code and synthesis scripts ,sta scripts, formal verification scripts, p&r scripts .etc.
I think these shall be very useful than only code.

The DLX processor has a normal 5-stage pipeline. No need for stalls for load and store operations.

It has a clean structure, no twists and turns, and is described in one of the Patterson-Hennessy books. This is a good starting point.

Also it should be easy to get, VHDL/Verilog code for some DLX/MIPS R2000 adaptation.

the_penetrator©

Visit **broken link removed** for source code of 8051 core

I have a 32-bit risc cpu source code ,
but you can't understand it.

Leon and openRISC are more mature.
They have simulation environment for debug and uClinux operation
system.

Hi Womiga ,
I am intersted in code you have , can you make it available to me.

Your code is verified by silicon?
Which architecture is it compatible?

womiga said:
I have a 32-bit risc cpu source code ,
but you can't understand it.

I have the source code of DLX,if need ,PM me

reference to the book:computer organization and design: h/w interface

please share cpu code on forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com