Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID with PIC 18f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

tareqlover

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey
i want connect RFID with device GPRS/GPS that has PIC 18f877a by using UART1
just all i want is to get a data from RFID

and this part from the code that i was write it to get this data
plz that is true and if you have any information tell me about

#int_rda2
void serial2_isr(){
RFID=fgetc(UART1);
RF_Buffer[RF_PTR]=RFID;
RF_Buffer[RF_PTR]='\0';
if (RF_PTR==99)
RF_PTR=50;

}
plz explain to me how it does work

There's an obvious fault in your code, it misses to increment the pointer RF_PTR. Furthermore, the UART channel assigned to interrupt #int_rda2 will be most likely UART2, not UART1. But of course, this can't be exactly decided from a snippet of code. Finally I don't get the idea of this construct
Code:
if (RF_PTR==99)
RF_PTR=50;
For continuous processing of incoming serial data, I would preferably implement a ring buffer, using two pointers next_in and next_out.

I guess, that you are at the very start of your project, dealing with low level support routines. These things can be copied from example code shipped with your compiler.

The real challenge will be the modem and RFID device communication.

thanks for reply
so sory for this fault but i have a very big code and just i want an explain about this part of code(RFID) that iwant to add to our device

#int_rda2
void serial2_isr(){
RFID=fgetc(UART2);
RF_Buffer[RF_PTR++]=RFID;
RF_Buffer[RF_PTR]='\0';

Hello,

Both RFID and GPS components are supported by Flowcode from Matrix Multimedia. This could potentially help to solve your coding problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.