Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID tag's transmission efficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.

DentAnt

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I would like to know how is it possible to know the tag’s ic (chip) transmission efficiency from datasheet ? For exemple, to know the distance at which tag signal can reach the reader correctly,there is sensitivity. Now, I would like to know if there is some data ''TRANSMISSION'' sensitivity, or in other words, which information should I look inside the datasheet to know what is the transmission efficiency ?
PS : I am not looking for read range in meters, I am looking at some tag ic (chip) data transmission sensitivity value in dBm.

For exemple, in the datasheet at (https://support.impinj.com/hc/en-us/articles/202756908-Monza-4-RFID-Tag-Chip-Datasheet ). Which element ( in dBm or dB) represents the transmission efficiency factor.

Thank you

Attachments

• Monza 4 Tag Chip Datasheet R10 20160817 (1).pdf
    932.8 KB · Views: 59

Hi

I would like to know how is it possible to know the tag’s ic (chip) transmission efficiency from datasheet ? For exemple, to know the distance at which tag signal can reach the reader correctly,there is sensitivity. Now, I would like to know if there is some data ''TRANSMISSION'' sensitivity, or in other words, which information should I look inside the datasheet to know what is the transmission efficiency ?
PS : I am not looking for read range in meters, I am looking at some tag ic (chip) data transmission sensitivity value in dBm.

For exemple, in the datasheet at (https://support.impinj.com/hc/en-us/articles/202756908-Monza-4-RFID-Tag-Chip-Datasheet ). Which element ( in dBm or dB) represents the transmission efficiency factor.

Thank you

Just to clarify. I am looking to find the tag's backscatter efficiency from that datasheet. How can I get it and where is it?

Taking your question literally, "Change in Modulator Reflection Coefficient" could be considered as the relevant parameter.

In real life, antenna characteristic and antenna impedance matching are much more important.

Taking your question literally, "Change in Modulator Reflection Coefficient" could be considered as the relevant parameter.

In real life, antenna characteristic and antenna impedance matching are much more important.

I am looking for a tag transmission sensitivity (power) ''value in dB or in dBm'' and not a coefficient. Where is it inside the datasheet or how can I find it if it's not inside?

Don't know what a "transmission sensitivity" is meaned to be? The tag backscatters part of the incident power, AM modulated with an auxiliary carrier. "Change in reflection coefficient" specification describes the backscattered power.

Don't know what a "transmission sensitivity" is meaned to be? The tag backscatters part of the incident power, AM modulated with an auxiliary carrier. "Change in reflection coefficient" specification describes the backscattered power.

My question was to find transmission power value in dBm but you gave me ''Change in reflection coefficient''. How can I use it to find the tag's transmission power? Is there a formula in which I can incorporate this coefficient to find the transmission power? or is there an example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back