Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID Standards for industrial sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuuton1

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am trying to find if there are any standards that regulate the use of frequencies (LF, HF) in RFID context for industrial sensors or other industrial applications.

I have not been able to find any such documents. The closest I have been able to come is the ETSI EN 300 330 and ETSI EN 300 330-1 standards.

The key point that I want to know is if there are any limitations on the use of HF frequency in RFID context for industrial applications. Its not a preferred band because of high interference from metallic sources. Is that the only reason its not widely used in industrial applications or are there other reasons such as regulatory requirements?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Fuuton

If you refer to the ETSI domain, there's e.g. ETSI TR 102 756 (spectrum requirements for RFID equipment and inductive loop systems operating in the frequency range of 9 kHz to 148,5 kHz). Also ETSI EN 302 291-1 and -2 covering 13.56 MHz devices, the limit values are however lower than specified in ETSI EN 300 330-1.

If you market devices in the ETSI region, they should at least comply with ETSI EN 300 330-1. FCC has similar limits, but different in detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back