Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID Proximity card based attendence system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UroBoros

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rfid attendance with pic 16f877

Hai

I am planning to develp a RFID card based attendence system.

I have with me a card reader and a few sample cards.

I tested it by connecting to Hyperterminal, each card gives a unique ID , So far Ok.

I am planning to develop a Stand alone punching sytem which records the punching card data and time (Attendence system). And later when connected to PC and issued a command this unit should send to PC all the stored data and a programe in PC will arrange and display it. That is my plan.

I want to do it for a capacity of 100 employees and one month data storage capcaity.

storing the data in eeprom ,sending it all I can manage,But I want to get a clear idea of in which format I should save the records. Each record will have time data and card ID.

prefer to do it in C.

Which will be suitable chip. PIC877 will do ? or shall I go for PIC18?

Please guide me
picstudent

rfid attendance system with pic 16f877

Which precision do you need for time records ?! ( You have to record day/month/yeah/hour/minut/second ? )

I think 16F would work well ( There are no reason to use a 18F because you'll undoubtely use his 'special' functions ) , but you'll surely need an external EEPROM to store all your data.

Psssst... Which card reader are you using ?!

UroBoros

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
do prox cards record in and out

Hai

Thanks for the reply.

Card reader ,nothing is written in that. For R&D I purchased it from another person .he didint disclose the sourse. But it could be located in time.btw all readers output same type of data with minimum changes? or should we convcerned about the reader we use?

So 16series will do.

EEprom Is required .What type?

Each record how to create in what form ?

picstudent

As far as formay is concerned, you are not limited with anything ..
Here is one example:

<ddmmyy,hhmmss, id , Chksum>
where:
< = left delimiter, start character ..
ddmmyy = date
.. and so on .. all in ASCII ..

That gives you 17 bytes + ID per employee ..

For 100 employees an I2C EEProm of, say, >8kx8 should be enough ..
Examples:
M24C64 --> 8kx8 = 64kB
M24128 --> 16kx8 = 128kB
M24256 --> 32kx8 = 256kB

Regards,
IanP

UroBoros

Hello,
I had developed a RFID attendance system using a PIC16F877A and a AT45DB081 memory chip. It holds data of 1000 employees, displays the name and designation of the employee and also the time stamp (DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM) when the card is swiped. It can hold one months data of the login and logout. if you need any info, I will be glad to help.

UroBoros

I think your design might interrest lots of peoples here, may you share your hardware + software ?! :)

dear latecomer

we will appreciate if you can share the above mentioned in detail

thanking you

sun

Hai

can anybody link me for sourses of Proximity card readers and cards?

Also on which frequency these units are transmitting? Which are the most popular sourses?

Please

picstudent

hi here is the pic based rf id transmiter receiver hope this will help you to understand how it work

regards
Fragrance

Reactions: kwlew86

UroBoros

kwlew86

You can also use the GP-20 or GP-30 Proximately Card Reader
Manufacture Name: Gaga TMS Working on 125Khz

UroBoros

Status