Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rfid based automatic car parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poonam Parwani

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I have started working on rfid based automatic car parking system for my final year enginnering project. I need the codings for this one.
Please suggest me some idea.

Poonam Parwani said:
Dear all,

I have started working on rfid based automatic car parking system for my final year enginnering project. I need the codings for this one.
Please suggest me some idea.

if u send the synopsis then i can help u micromagix@gmail.com

Dear Sir,
I am sending you some information on your mail I was able to collect on web.
Thank you very much for replying.

I think RFID is divide into three :
1. Low frequency => 125 KHz
2. medium frequency => 13.5 MHz
3. High Frequency => .......

each frequency will differ the range of the reader and the tag that used.

1. for the low frequency the read range is small ( about 10-15 cm) example ID12, ID 20 from the innovation and the tag is passive no need power supply.

**broken link removed**

2. for the medium frequency the read range is wider ( don't know exact range) and the tag is passive also ( i think or maybe active tag can be used)

**broken link removed**

3. for the high frequency tha range is wider than medium and tag is active (need power at the tag)

I've already used the low frequency ID 20, for this type RFID there are 2 ways for read the data :
1. UART TTL ( this means u don't need level converter like max 232, u can direct connect to TX RX micro). if you use this ways there are 2 steps first read the ascii character (16 character) and that convert it to decimal than calculate it.

the link is

www.digi-ware.com and go to the application link and AN05 is the tutorial in Indonesia languge you can used google translate from indonesia to english

2. Wiegand 26 if you use this ways you must used 2 port external interrupt, because wiegand send 2 data, DATA 0 and DATA 1,
Data 0 will create low pulse for about 50 us if the data is 0
Data 1 will create low pulse for about 50 us if the data is 1
it will send 26 bits, 1 bit even parity, 24 bits data and 1 bit odd parity

I used avr and bascom avr for read RFID using uart protocal and wiegand 26 protocol, if you need the source code just let me know.

Hope this helpful to u

DENY (BODAT'Z)

Hi all,

I would also like to work on this project using PIC microcontroller. I have used RFID 125khz module earlier from Sparr Electronics, India but it has very short range. Car parking system needs long range active or semi-passive readers.

Can anyone help with desing and coding and choosing appropriate components? I havent started yet.

Thanks

please help me on this project

Monitor cars in the parking area such that when there are no cars ,it will display E(empty) if filled it will display F(full) then if not filled that means there are spaces it will display S(space). I need a car detector and a simple up / down counter and the car detector can be made of two sensors.
The sequence of pulses from 2 sensors can tell whether a car is entering or leaving (maybe have 2 gates for entry and exit to make things easy) the parking lot. A simple microcontroller can interpret the pulses; drive a software counter and the display to show E F or number. And when the car enters the parking the counter is incremented and when the car leaves the counter is decremented by 1 and I would like to use infrared sensor and I would like to use another sensor that will tell which parking bay is empty and it must say which parking bay is empty .

Status
Not open for further replies.