Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rfid and GSM module interfacing with PIC using microC for pro....need ur help

Status
Not open for further replies.

newrule89

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends i need ur help in rfid and GSM module interfacing with PIC microcontoller
i need the source code (which could be tested in microC for pro)
i'm using pic16f877a but any suggestions r most welcome....
my actual project would be requiring the lcd interfacing also.
really need ur help since i've zero knowledge about microcontroller...plz help me

i've attach a file regarding my project..it was actually a proposal about the project..would u mind see it first...i dont think that file will give u full details about my project...but it will tell u the flow of my project...as far that i know, for rfid reader im using 125kHz rfid reader....

Attachments

• FYP Slide.pdf
    362.7 KB · Views: 170

you can use proteus as a simulation tool. 1st of all write program for each module separately and once all module functions properly you can club them together as one.

you can download proteus from www.4shared.com

you can use proteus as a simulation tool. 1st of all write program for each module separately and once all module functions properly you can club them together as one.

you can download proteus from www.4shared.com

do you have any sample source code that can use as a reference...especially rfid and gsm interfacing using mikroC for Pro....

Give as you specifications / user stories / needs

i need the source code for
1. rfid reader interface with pic16f877a - 125kHz operating frequency IDR-232
2.gsm module interface with pic6f877a - MOD 9001D GSM Modem
3.lcd interfacing and LED blinking

currently im using mikroC Pro for PIC v4.60 and mikroprog_suite_for_pic_v215

How will the system know the cellphone number of the receiver of the parcel?

fyp2.jpg

this picture shows the system flow for this project...

Firstly, scan RFID tag to the reader. The system should be able to acknowledge the user through its ID card. At the LCD, it will display whether the ID card is an authorized or non-authorized user. If the system recognized the ID card, then the system will send a signal to the GSM to send a message to the owner. At this stage, the owner should reply YES/NO to the system whether want to give approval to open the parcel box. If YES the green LED will blink which indicates that the user with a verified ID card was approved by the owner. Thus, the parcel box will open. But if the owner does not give any respond to the message, automatically the user does not have the approval to drop the package to the parcel box(red LED will blink). Only authorized user with a verified ID card can trigger the GSM module to send an SMS to the owner.

Please send me the code @smilly_siva@yahoo.com, also doing the similar project.. will help me.

View attachment 70009

this picture shows the system flow for this project...

Firstly, scan RFID tag to the reader. The system should be able to acknowledge the user through its ID card. At the LCD, it will display whether the ID card is an authorized or non-authorized user. If the system recognized the ID card, then the system will send a signal to the GSM to send a message to the owner. At this stage, the owner should reply YES/NO to the system whether want to give approval to open the parcel box. If YES the green LED will blink which indicates that the user with a verified ID card was approved by the owner. Thus, the parcel box will open. But if the owner does not give any respond to the message, automatically the user does not have the approval to drop the package to the parcel box(red LED will blink). Only authorized user with a verified ID card can trigger the GSM module to send an SMS to the owner.

i think the controller u hav mentioned above has only 1 usart... so how wld u connect 2 communications devices i.e rfid and gsm with this microcontroller. i suggest u to use a double usart microcontroller

If you want to use GSM module only as for Transmission Purpose then connect the Tx pin of PIC to Rx of GSM and short the Ground if u are using max232 then do it for the same

and connect the RFID Tx pin to the Rx pin of the Microcontroller

Then the connection summary is

GSM Rx ----Tx of mcu
RFID tx ----Rx of MCU

as u need to send AT command to work with GSM which can be sent by Tx pin of the mcu and If you need to receive the RFID data it can be received by Rx pin of MCu

if i want to send a msg from my gsm modem to the pic16f877a to turn on the light (for example) do i need an Xbee/zigbee?
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back