Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFIC Inductor- Non-ideal vs Ideal Implementation Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmarquez09

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm creating a narrowband matching network at 10GHz using segments pi networks. I was able to match the load to my 50ohm source using ideal caps/inductors from the analogLib library.

My next step is to replace the ideal ind with one from the gpdk045 library. I used the Z parameters to characterize the inductor at 10GHz and found the value I want (1.41nH).

The problem is that it has killed my matching networks performance. I understand the parasitic capacitance and resistance introduced by using the non ideal ind, but I'm not sure how to actually implement it into my matching network.

Can anyone direct me to any aritcles or books that discuss this issue? I'm having a difficult time finding a solution on google.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.