Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rf tx that operates in uA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

david90

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can somebody recomend a tx module that draws uA @ 3V? I want to make a transmitter that has a range no more than 5 feet and draws uA.

Describe what problem you are trying to solve.

Presumably you want to transmitt data?
What bit rate?

There are wireless doorbell transmitters that operate from a 3V coin cell.

If you just want on/off signalling you might be able to use an RFID tag with a switch that turns it on or off, inductivley powered from the receiver - no battery.

The problem is tricky - he wants to have consumption about 3 microwatts .

So oscillator must be very efficient , that put restriction on using UHF, which is preferred for such communication - antenna lenght could be very small)

I think you can experiment with ferrite antennas on LF-HF band to keep power consumption low.

Or may be usltrasound will be the choice ?

And of course throwaway idea to use backscattering is good as well , if you dont have strict powerconsumption requirements on receiving side . But it wont be possible to use normal rfid because
if not wrong only microchip provided rfid for data aquisition but that is out of production now .

So you will need to design your own using zero bias detector diodes and mosfets to modulate back . I remember, rfid design for LF was posted here completely made on discretes wihtout using special IC's .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back