Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF TX and RX for RS232 Signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenjoy

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
amplifier le signal tx sur le rs232

I am planning to design a long range RX - TX involving RS232 Communication, distance is 7 to 10 kilometers.

Any schematic for this type of application, I am quite not good in RF design.

Or another solution, is there a cheap TX-RX boards for these application but again, range is 7 to 10 km.

Thanks.

laipac rs232

glenjoy said:
Or another solution, is there a cheap TX-RX boards for these application but again, range is 7 to 10 km.

Hi,

There are some modules (430 MHz range), AM and FM, what I saw had about 160kbs rate, but you need some amplifier to boost the signal to cover that distance. In my country they cheap enough. I didn't test this combination, it' s just an ideea...

Cheers !

nrf24e1 rs-232c

nex said:
glenjoy said:

Hi,

There are some modules (430 MHz range), AM and FM, what I saw had about 160kbs rate, but you need some amplifier to boost the signal to cover that distance. In my country they cheap enough. I didn't test this combination, it' s just an ideea...

Cheers !

Hi,

How much is cheap there? You know cheap is a term that its meanign depends on how deep is your pocket. :)

What is the price range because I am designing a flood monitoring and flood control.

how to transfer data from the rf ask tx and rx

I think you will be wasting your time trying to adopt cheap stuff to build radio modems.
I woud go to manufacturers such as RFInnovations (http://www.rfinnovations.com.au/products_02.asp?ID=183) or similar and ask them for OEM (no housing) option of their product.
Reliably transmitting data over 10km is not easy at all ..

rs232 rx tx signals

Hi

Long range trancivers need licence to operate and can not be orderd from distributors without licence and thay are expansive as well .

So the only option left is to build one - look at site of radio amature and you can find many schematic and maybee some kit's.

RF work need lot of expiriance and equipment , my best advice to look for someone who have both !

All the best

Bobi

nrf2401 distance

HI bobcat1
can u give us link for radio amature

modem mhz tx rx

Try using nRF2401 chip from Nordic. You could get the needed distance with good antennas, and optical visibility, and you can use MAX2240 power amp from Maxim-IC to boost the signal to 50mW (if I remember good).

The whole thing works on 2,4 GHz ISM band and works GREAT!!! Data transfer speed 1MBps or ~125 kbps.

rf 2.4g rs232

do you a have a program that works?

i use a laipac trf-2.4g and i cant work it
can you send me a code

thanks!

how rf tx works

Hello,

search the forum for "nRF2401" and you should get some answers. I got them to work with microchip PIC16F84A and code written in asembler.

Here you can find the code: https://www.elektronika.ba/el.sheme/?akc=daj_shemu&idshema=355

You MUST LEARN datasheet of nordic nRF2401 chip to make them work!!!

On this forum you should also find C code.

Best regards,
Trax

Status
Not open for further replies.