Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rf transmitter and receiver 433mhz problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

husain dahodwala

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i hv a problem with the tws-433 and rws-433 module.i am nt able to receive the data which i send through the tx.i used a HT12E encoder and HT12D decoder ic. i hv checked the ic they are fne.
is ther any problem with the antenna. i hv used a normal breadboard wire with around 10-15 turns forming a helix.
plzzzzzzz if anyone can help its urgent

If both HT12 and the TX / Rx are connected in the right way, and powered, it should work fine. Cross check your hardware, for any wrong connections as you have used a bread board, and too posting your schematic here may help you better...Cheers

husain dahodwala said:
i am nt able to receive the data which i send through the tx
How are you troubleshooting this? Do you have access to a scope to connect to the data line on the receiver module? How are you sending data, with a microcontroller? Where is the code?
I would remove the HT12E & the HT12D from your circuit until you can verify that the RF modules are transmitting & receiving data.

Be sure you are using the correct baud rate. Most of these modules run at 2400 bps.
husain dahodwala said:
.i used a HT12E encoder and HT12D decoder ic. i hv checked the ic they are fne.
How did you check the IC?

husain dahodwala said:
is ther any problem with the antenna. i hv used a normal breadboard wire with around 10-15 turns forming a helix.
remove your antenna. You don't need one until your problems have been solved. I use a 3 inch piece of copper wire on the receiver only. It works up to 300' away.

on the HT12E & HT12D, are the address lines (A0 -A7) the same on both?

REALLY, you need to post your schematic and your code in order for others to help you out.

Good Luck

hi check the following things

1. make sure all address pins of 12E and 12D connected to gnd respectively

2. connect the TE pin to ground

3. connect the anode of a LED in VT pin of 12D and cathode to ground through 1 1k resistor.

4. connect DOUT pin of 12E to RF TX data pin and connect RF RX dat pin to din of 12D.

5. give 5v supply to 12D and 5 or 9v to 12E.

if every thing is right you see the LED glows in the receiver. seperate them at least a feet away

regards
kj

hi, try with these values 1M ohm for 12E and 150k for 12D.

regards
kj

pranam77 said:
If both HT12 and the TX / Rx are connected in the right way, and powered, it should work fine. Cross check your hardware, for any wrong connections as you have used a bread board, and too posting your schematic here may help you better...Cheers

If you are using any of micro controller on both sides i e on trans meter & receiver
you can use serial communication at baud rate of 1200 to transmit the data i am having the code if you are interested then Email me on my Email ganesh.kolhe19@gmail.com

In the link above, the TE on the 12E is switched. Try tying it low to test your receiver.

EVEN BETTER:
Look on page 2 of the attached datasheet for a better schematic. (One that won't kill your batteries quickly.) and page 3 for the receiver schematic. I use this keyfob transmitter, it works very well.

You can check the VT line on the decoder (12D). It will go high for as long as the transmitter is transmitting.

Be sure to check & double check all connections including A0 -A7 address lines
(MUST be the same on both 12E & 12D)

Good Luck

Hi, this 433MHz module will work in 1200 baud rate just try that you will receive data.

Reactions: menon

menon

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I was facing similar problem.

First use 1 MOhm for HT12E and 51 KOhm for HT12D.

Provide same adapter power source to both E and D circuits.

Try to connect the Dout of E and Din of D to test if data is being sent properly with nothing like RF and all stuff. It will make sure encoding and decoding is working fine.

If it works, then 2nd step is to seperate the power supplies and try to maintain similar voltage at HT12E and HT12D.

Now if it works then connect your RF stuff to the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.