Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Transmission line Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nbj123

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,

I am doing a project which have RF components in this. So i want to know that how to calculate 50 ohm transmission line trace width. This is my first RF project so need guidance about that. please help me regarding this.
I have to calculate the Transmission line Trace width for 50 ohm FR4 6 layer PCB. so i want to know that it is called micro-strip or strip-line?
i have check the calculators like Chemandy's , APPCAD. But confused between for what transmission line i have to calculate.
Please guide me for my first project as soon as possible as i have to start my work for that.

Thank you so much.

Try free Saturn PCB toolkit. It supports many (but not all) transmission line configurations of interest.

Stripline and microstrip are basic PCB TL configurations. Stripline is internal trace embedded between two planes, microstrip surface trace above a plane. Multilayer PCB usually combines both topologies.

Try free Saturn PCB toolkit. It supports many (but not all) transmission line configurations of interest.

Stripline and microstrip are basic PCB TL configurations. Stripline is internal trace embedded between two planes, microstrip surface trace above a plane. Multilayer PCB usually combines both topologies.

Thank you so much for your reply. but still confused for which i calculate.

i want to calculate for 6 - layer ,50 ohms, FR4 1.6mm thickness.

Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards,
Nidhi Jani

First step is to define your PCB stackup and layer usage. It really depends on the application.

Thank you so much for your Prompt reply.

I need help that if i want to calculate 501 ohm-transmission line for 6 Layer where this layer matter. where i have to use layer stack up or copper thickness.

Please guide me.

Thanks you

Status
Not open for further replies.