Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Simulations of MEMS Cantilever switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEMS_rules

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cantilever switch

Hi all,
I am currently designing a cantilever MEMS switch for which i need to examine the variation of RF parameters like Insertion Loss, Isolation loss etc (wrt to frequency) by varying some of its parameters like length of actuation area, normal gap height. I want to simulate the same in HFSS. The current of s/w in which i am working (HFSS v9.2) doesnt talk anything abt RF simulations. Please help how do i proceed. I have 3 lumped elements in my circuit. (R, L, C)

How good is ADS and AWR compared to HFSS. am not proficient in these.

cantilever switch design parameters

Hello,

AWR Microwave Office (MWO) /APLAC has the MEMS model/element library
such as the Capacitive switch with both physical & RF parameters & you can vary them just using the tuner & see the effect on RF measurements such as S-parameters, etc...

See the attached picture file which shows more details...

---manju---

mems cantilever

Hi manju,
I was interested in a cantilever type switch which has a series topology. but looking at the parameters (there's parameter which says gap between perforation holes) which is applicable to a membrane type shunt type capacitive switch. The characteristics andd behaviour of the switches vary to a great extent.

We, in our institute, do not have a licence for AWR software. Is it possible for me to get an student edition (like what is given by Model Sim) which has a good amount of licence validity period?

mems cantilevers

Hello,

It has even other MEMS models ...

AWR doesn't provide the Student or limited edition software...
But having said that they provide 30 days full product evaluation license...

So register at AWR website & provide your details to get the license...
https://awrcorp.com/register/evaluator.aspx

---manju---

aplac mems library

hi

can i simulate RF MEMS with ADS Advantage Design System

thunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back