Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF signal meter using AD8313

Status
Not open for further replies.

psvishwamali

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm designing a RF signal meter using AD8313 IC. But when I tried to simulate the circuit in Proteus I found out that proteus don't have AD8313 component.
So is there anyway I can add that component to Proteus or should I design it within the Proteus?
Can I download the library file for AD8313?

AD 8313 is a nice logarithmic detector that can be used over a wide frequency band. See data sheet for details. Due to the wide input power level range, a RF band-pass filter should be used before RF input, otherwise the output voltage resonds to any interference.

I used it but I had no need for any simulation. What do you expect more than AD specs?

I never understood this simulation fetish some folks have for integrated parts with good datasheets that are not involved in closing feedback loops.
I mean just what exactly do you expect the sim to tell you that the datasheet and some arithmetic will not?

Simulation is a great thing when you have some hairy feedback loop or PLL or amplifier design of dubious stability, but for what is an (actually very well behaved) effective black box like an AD8313, why would anyone bother?
I could maybe see an em sim if I figured board parasitics were going to bite me, but Proteus is the wrong tool for that, and that tends to only be an issue up in the microwave bands.

With something like a log amp (which tends to have a **stupid** amount of GBP), board layout is important, but Proteus is also the wrong tool for simulating that....

Regards, Dan (Slightly confused by the number of folks wanting to simulate the trivial).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back