Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF power amplifier?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willem

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a power amplifier for between 1.7 and 1.8 GHz. I plan to use the BFG135A power transitor from Infineon. The thing I am interested in is the 1 dB compression point of this device. it is mentioned nowhere in the datasheet and I cant find it anywhere. My input signal power level is 25 dBm and I want 30 dBm out after the amplifier stage. But i want to know if the active device can handle the input power level and still give some gain.

Any help would be great.

According to HB simulation for BFG135A the transistor reaches the maximum rating of collector current (150mA), at Pinp=25dBm (Vce=8V, f=1800MHz).

Thanks, do you perhaps know of a power transistor that can handle an input power of more than 25 dBm? I want the device to take 25 dBm comfortably, so i cant really use the BFG135A then. I need some room to allow for signal fluctautions.

Any help?

Hello Willem,

I think that your choice of BFG135A transistor as power amp for that levels is not good. Please specify your requirements and VCC /I which you can use in amp than we can suggest you a much better solution maybe:?:.
GL XTASA

My specs are as follows:

Frequency: 1787 MHz to 1797 MHz
Input power: +/- 25 dBm
Output power: +/- 30 dBm
Supply voltage = 9 - 15 Vdc

Any thoughts on which device will be suitable will be appreciated. This is my first time desiging a power amp so i dont know which devices are really used.
I prefer if it is a BJT. but if it is a FET is will be okay i guess.

Willem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back