Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Power Amplifier [hlp]

Status
Not open for further replies.

No one

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone;
Which parameters are important in RF power amplifier design? Which Parameters determine the specifications of an RF power amplifier? What is the best book for a beginner in this field?

Hello No one,

Try the following form Steve C. Cripps:
RF power amplifiers for wireless communications
Advanced techniques in RF power amplifier design

regards.

No one

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
as RFCMOS said steve Crips is great books
about the parameters
1) gain
2)PAE
3) linearity "like 1dB point "
4) the spurs
5)IM level

khouly

No one

well i like Microwave Transister Amplifier Design by Guillermo Gonzalez....though it is generaly refered for LNAs....but the best thing about the book is its simplicity. Design of PAs and LNA are quite similar....so it wont make much difference....you can refer to any book once you know the basics well.....:p

Regards,

I would suggest that you also look at the specifications for some commercial PA's. Consider that they will be formatted to show the amplifiers in their best light while often down-playing (hiding!) weaknesses. Look at both what they do say and where they are mute.

You might also want to add things to your list of specifications that include cost, size power consumption, voltages and current drain needed, heat dissipated, heat sink requirements, materials used, and so on. The idea is to include things that might be important in your application that may not be the usual RF like parameters.

Hi no one,
The main concern in the beginning of a power amplifier design is efficiency vs. linearity of the system.
If your system is linear, and you want to design a linear power amplifier, you will loose from efficiency and vice versa.
Then spurious performance, 1 db compression point, BW, stability of the system will be concern.

Here are some book suggestions:
1- RF Power Amplifiers for Wireless Communications by Steve C. Cripps
2- Rf Power Amplifiers by Mihai Albulet
3- Advanced Techniques in RF Power Amplifier Design by Steve C. Cripps
4- RF and Microwave Power Amplifier Design by Andrei Grebennikov

No one

Hello edata;
You Wrote:
Here are some book suggestions:
1- RF Power Amplifiers for Wireless Communications by Steve C. Cripps
2- Rf Power Amplifiers by Mihai Albulet
3- Advanced Techniques in RF Power Amplifier Design by Steve C. Cripps
4- RF and Microwave Power Amplifier Design by Andrei Grebennikov

Can you wrote links for downlaoding them in edaboard or others?

I also want to add one book to the list given above is thebook written by T.H.Lee for RFCMOS IC design

I want to know if power amplifiers has harm to body?If i need the radioprotection when tuning?

littlemmx said:
I want to know if power amplifiers has harm to body?If i need the radioprotection when tuning?

well i think it is one of the research issues now adays....

Mathew H Radmanesh is a good book for any Amplifier design. You should go for it.

Added after 18 seconds:

Mathew H Radmanesh's is a good book for any Amplifier design. You should go for it.

about the parameters
1) gain
2) Stability
3) linearity "like 1dB compression point"
4) IIP3(Third order intercept

Important parameters:

S11 - reflection coefficient
S21 - gain coefficient
K - stability coefficient must be more then 1 for absolute stability in work band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back