Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] RF mixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

enemra

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have three questions with respect to an RF mixer. Let us consider this component - ADE-35MH+ from mini-circuits. The component has three pins - LO, RF, and IF.

1. What is the output on IF? Is it LO + RF or LO - RF?
2. Are the pins bidirectional mixer? means, IF and RF are both IN/OUT pins? Basically I want to know if it can act as up and downconverter
3. How to find IF bandwidth for this mixer? My RF signal has 100 MHz bandwidth and after IF conversion, I need 100 MHz on the new frequency.

1-Both+other spurious components
2-Yes, practically these pins are interchangeable.
3-Normally bandwidth is equal to all pins ( except if a particular bandwidth limited is not used )
For instance, the balun which has been used for IF may have lower bandwidth for a particular reasons. Therefore refer to app. engineer of the manufacturer.
--- Updated ---

For third question. It's obvious that the Ports are have equal bandwidth.
1683323525010.png

--- Updated ---

Sorry, they do not have equal bandwidth ( typo error)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back