Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF mixer design for cognitive radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandini88

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I need to design mixer for cognitive radio. im new for IC designing. So anyone can give me right direction meanwhile if any doubt i can clarify. I have to design using Cadence software. beside that anyone can can give good explanation abt conversion loss. I roughly understood but i not understand the 7dBm of LO and the level.

thank you

Hello,

For a mixer the OL's level is specified in order to produce the intermodulation products.
The manufacturer produce differents mixers with differents levels. The level to choice depend on the level produce by your PLL or synthetizer (DDS) that produce your LO.
I suggest you to have a look at the Minicircuit documentation that is very understandable at this link :
**broken link removed** for the mixer or
**broken link removed** for the all applications notes of minicircuit.

Specially, they offer an application note that deal with "How to chose a Mixer".

Good work.

Hello,

For a mixer the OL's level is specified in order to produce the intermodulation products.
The manufacturer produce differents mixers with differents levels. The level to choice depend on the level produce by your PLL or synthetizer (DDS) that produce your LO.
I suggest you to have a look at the Minicircuit documentation that is very understandable at this link :
**broken link removed** for the mixer or
**broken link removed** for the all applications notes of minicircuit.

Specially, they offer an application note that deal with "How to chose a Mixer".

Good work.

Thank you. I try to go through the link. If any doubt i catch u later. Seem it good link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back