Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF MEMS forum - please comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

egliu

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RF MEMS forum

I would like to suggest a forum focusing on RF MEMS. any comments are welcomed.

I don't agree because it is the topic still much in research level, our forum is focus on the practical application of tools, book and information.

I do welcome discussion in RF and Microwave topic and EM Simulator topic.

Then is there any other forum about MEMS?

I think it is not mature enough to have a separate forum.

I encourage a discussion on RF MEMS. I disagree with people saying that RF MEMS technology is not mature. What about pahed arrays, reconfigurable antennas, MEMS based VCOs, .... The only current problem with RF MEMS is their reliability for Aerospace applications (vibration and life cycle problems), but RF MEMS technology has been applied in an industrial level since the beginning of the 90's.

Yes I noticed. That's why I tried to correct a mistake made on the forum 8 years ago and nobody replied. Just for knowledge...

MEMs in general is pretty mature, so it would make sense to have a subforum for it, or microfabrication in general. But RF MEMs is newer, and much of it is still privately held secrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.