Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF LNA design help is needed (ADS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalani0088

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Im designing a LNA using ADS.

I have designed my single stub matching network and I use short circuit stubs in my design. I am getting a negative gain and I m confused about this.

If anyone can help on this it will be a great help.

What do you mean by "negative gain"? do you mean it's negative in dB, or the linear gain is negative?

yes . its negative in dB I can attach the circuit here

- - - Updated - - -

yes . its negative in dB I can attach the circuit here
123.png

You made shot connected the drain and the gate by stubs...
Place DC blocking capacitors before matching circuits because short stubs make the gate and drain short circuit..

Also, the length of the shorted stubs makes no sense to me. They are very short (~2mm) and I don't think this is the correct length for impedance matching your transistors.

In this linear simulation, the bias supply doesn't have an effect, but that looks wrong. As Bigboss mentioned it is shorted to ground, and the entire configuration makes no sense (two 5V sources, R3 in series with R4, wrong gate bias voltage).

Status
Not open for further replies.