Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF IQ Quadrature modulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carvalhoatx

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All!,
Could anyone help to assembly a setup test. I have an IQ Quadrature Modulator (Polyphase ) with: 4 input`s (I, Ī and Q, ΞQ). Further, my RF LO(Local osc.) and RF Output (Mod. Signal). I have also, an Arbitrary Waveform Generator, which I would like to use to create my "I and Q". A RF signal Generator to my LO too.
IF I want a signal em 2,5 GHz, which will be my setting? Could you help me? If anyone want details I will share it....as well as info about my equipment... Thank you

ktr

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Maybe you can draw the setup in your mind, so we can talk about it?

FvM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
To fully utilize the I/Q modulator capabilities, you need a dual channel arbitrary waveform generator. Adjust the amplitudes and DC offset according to the modulator specification, that's all.

Carvalhoatx

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Yes, please, see the Pic. attached. Capture.PNG

Could you say me some more? In that case, a 10 GHz modulated signal has been wanted. Thanks,

Carvalhoatx

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
FvM I did it, and worked fine, the dual channel arbitrary waveform generator. Now, could say me how can I will set it signal to work as a pulsed RF signal?

ferdem

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In order to have a pulsed RF signal, either I or Q channel is sufficient. Generate a baseband pulse signal on either of them(I or Q), apply LO, you will observe pulsed RF at the output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor