Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF frond end for SDR kits ADC/DAC module - is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliumair926

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sdr programs if 12khz

Can i use IC radio's FM/AM IF stage signal to input in lyrtech SDR kits ADC/DAC module :eek:.... iz it possible?

sdr-if

Yes
the LO cam be defined at 4* 455KHz to get the IQ clocks

the IF signal may be picked up before the internal filter, amplified and separate filtering adopted as per your needs

RF frond end for SDR ...

sir can u suggest some radio IC for the purpose, like if u have tried some. actually m a bit reluctant because i m afraid of the reason tht my input signal can burn the data conversion module if it som how exceeds the max voltage .... Sir if u dont mind can u eloborate a bit bout IQ clocks...

Added after 9 minutes:

and secondly you said "LO can be defined at..." ... sir as per my knowledge ,i read on one of the radio IC's config pin ( FM IF out) ,i was planing to solder a wire from that pin (assembled FM radio kit) and connect an SMA connector and input in data conversion module ....what u suggest?

Re: RF frond end for SDR ...

aliumair926 said:
sir can u suggest some radio IC for the purpose, like if u have tried some. actually m a bit reluctant because i m afraid of the reason tht my input signal can burn the data conversion module if it som how exceeds the max voltage .... Sir if u dont mind can u eloborate a bit bout IQ clocks...

Added after 9 minutes:

and secondly you said "LO can be defined at..." ... sir as per my knowledge ,i read on one of the radio IC's config pin ( FM IF out) ,i was planing to solder a wire from that pin (assembled FM radio kit) and connect an SMA connector and input in data conversion module ....what u suggest?
SMA connector may not be needed. Normal BNC RF connector with 75 ohms impedance would do.

The site below has many suggestions, where to pickup the 455KHz signal for various types of receivers.

https://www.drmrx.org/receiver_mods.html

Perhaps this one suggests to convert it to 12KHz by using another mixer with LO at IF+12KHz, and Dream software can convert the DRM signal back to CD quality audio.
It would be useful to you only to suggest the pick up point and its handling. Later this signal becomes an input to your SDR.
if you feel the signal is High, you can put a preset pot and adjust to a suitable level.

The working voltage of Receiver, may not have much to spoil your SDR, i feel.
Sarma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back